The history of our amazing magazine
CARtoons Magazine began in 1959 as an American publication that focused on automotive humor and hot rod artwork. Originated by Carl Kohler and drag-racing artist Pete Millar, it was published by Robert E. Petersen Publication Company as a bi-monthly starting in 1960. In the mid-1990s the magazine was shut down for unknown causes. During that time the trademark laid dormant and was available for purchase.
In 2015, Marc Methot, our President, purchased the CARtoons trademark and revived the magazine back to its bi-monthly subscription model. Since its rebirth, CARtoons Magazine has maintained its historical format while adding new artists, stories and features for today’s reader.
Resurrecting a classic
When CARtoons stopped printing in the early